Client Development Director
MassiveMusic Tokyo is on the lookout for a Client Development Director with a passion for music and relationship management skills. Does this sound like you?
Our Tokyo office is on the lookout for a Client Development Director to join the band. The main responsibility of this role in one sentence? Proactively generating new music jobs from both new and existing clients in the Japanese music industry. You’re the face of our company in your region – call yourself the Director of First Impression – and will be accountable for the collaboration with the client and the final result. All while challenging yourself and your team to set the bar a little higher every time.
Is excellent relationship management among your skills? We love you already. Credibility and likeability are key. You’re aware of our reputation, our image and our competitiveness. Second to this, you know how to behave in order for the work to come our way. Always anticipating the next move.
You’re a supernova of energy, passion and enthusiasm for music and life in general. You eat, breathe and sleep* music (*hopefully not while working). You can handle multiple projects simultaneously because you’re extremely organized. You’re also social and fun to have around, because all work and no play isn’t our cup of tea.
Skills & Requirements
- You are creative in finding ways to reach clients and stay top of mind with your relationships
- You create yearly plans to decide which clients and prospects you will approach and nourish
- You feed your Team Leader with gained insights about the market to contribute to the new business strategy
- You set up meetings with new potential clients after market assessments such as online research, networking events and internal talks
- You plan sales trips, events and meetings to reach (new) clients
- You support projects contextually or based on your relation with the client, always making sure your colleagues know all ins and outs of projects when you have to hand them over
- You enter new clients and projects in our CRM system and keep it up to date
- You create custom pitch presentations and custom showreels for our clients and colleagues (in collaboration with our marketing department)
- You feed the MarCom department with news and developments in the market for general PR and marketing ends
- You map out relevant industry awards for MassiveMusic — trophies look better from up close
- You strive to reach your goals and even top them
Full time. What do you get in return on top of our financial package? Inspiration, knowledge and career development. You’ll also be working with an international bunch of remarkable musically-infused individuals.
On this note, please know that MassiveMusic is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, diversity of thought, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. And if you need any specific adjustments to be made throughout our recruitment process, please feel free to let us know.
If after reading this you find yourself singing “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?”, that’s probably a sign you’re the one. Please CLICK HERE to submit your application and make sure you include your resume and an unconventional cover letter.
Looking forward to hearing from you!